Services and Fees
In this segment we will not only outline what we can do for you but also what you can do to help yourself maximise the return from your investment.
Our fee structure is also included down below.
What we will do for you..
- look after your investment as if it is our own
- assist you in setting the best possible market rent for your property
- thoroughly screen new tenants before placement
- discuss new tenants and conditions of tenancy with you
- select the best possible tenants and collect up to 4 weeks bond (maximum allowed)
- complete correct documentation as required by the Residential Tenancies Act
- collect, monitor and disburse rental payments to you
- reappraise your rental return every 6 months
- carry out inspections approximately every 3 months or as advised by owners
- send out monthly statements with any invoices paid
- where requested offer advice on how to present your property to achieve the highest possible rent
We can provide support by:
- contacting owners (best efforts) about work that is required on their rentals
- use only trusted tradespeople to maintain your asset when required
- advise you on landlord protection insurance
- provide advice on the implications of tenancy law
- mediate between landlords and tenants when required
- represent you at tenancy tribunal if this is required
If you are unhappy with your current property management – talk to us now
How to present your property for renting
- mow lawns, trim edges, weed flower beds and keep the section tidy
- prune hedges, cut back overhanging shrubbery
- spread new gravel on unsealed driveways, sweep and hose drives and patio areas
- pick up any papers that could make your property untidy
- junk mail – if you are not living at the property put up a ‘No junk mail’ sign
- clean marks off walls with a mild household detergent and a soft cloth. If you choose to paint the walls use soft neutral colours. Tidy up the outside paintwork if it is peeling and repair rotten boards.
- touch up skirting boards and door frames. It is surprising how much cleaner the rooms look if an hour is spent going around the house with a pot of paint.
- a few quick repair jobs done on the weekend will make all the difference to giving the house a cared-for appearance.
- plane or and back doors that stick
- re-paste peeling wallpaper
- repair leaking taps and remove water stains from basins
- clean dirty grouting in bathroom and kitchen tiles, if you have any broken tiles you should repair these
- clean all light fittings and ceilings (if practicable).
When tenants vacate your property they are required to leave it in a similar standard as to when
they moved in.
Better presented properties attract better tenants who stay longer and are prepared to pay higher rent so it is very much in your interests to make the effort
If urgent work is required and you are unable to organise completion yourself, we will be available to act on your behalf 7 days a week.
The following are our fee options
- Management Fee – 8% on rent paid plus GST
- Inspection Fee – $35 plus GST
- Tenancy Tribunal attendance – $70 in Palmerston North/Porirua, mediation is free.
- Tenancy Tribunal Fee – $20.44. This is refundable if successful at a hearing.
- Advertising – Not charged for the first tenant. $50 for between tenants including internet advertising.
- Post and Handling – $2.50 for end of month posted statements – emailed statements are free.
- Management Fee -10% plus GST
- Tenancy Tribunal Fee – $20.44. This is refundable if successful.
- No other charges
Negotiate your package
Alternatively we can tailor a package of property management services specifically for your requirements so that you only pay for the services you need.